Skulls & Bones
Runners Cove - Prominent Places
Taverns: There are five taverns in Runners Cove.
- Crow’s Nest Inn: A favorite tavern/inn for sailors and dock workers. It is across the street from the Wobbly Seaman. This tavern provides two large common rooms to sleep. Fights are not uncommon here.
- Dead Helm Inn: This is more of an inn than a tavern and is the primary location for travelers to stay and has numerous rooms. There is a small drinking area that can be quite festive at times.
- Drunken Pirate: Ironically, the Drunken Pirate is only frequented by the elite of Runners Cove. It is extremely high priced and is known for its fine cuisine and drink. Additionally, the Drunken Pirate has some very nice rooms for rent.
- Mystic Ale Tavern: This is the only inland tavern. It is a favorite place for the non-seagoing populace in Runners Cove. It tends to be a more sedate atmosphere and there is rarely a fight.
- Wobbly Seaman: Another favorite tavern for sailors in the dock area of Runners Cove. It is almost always full and easy to get into fights. It is located directly across the street from the Crow’s Nest Inn.
Trading Companies: There are three major trading companies in Runners Cove.
- Eastern Exports: This is the second largest trading company in Easterly. They are in fierce competition with Waycoast Trading.
- Griffon Trading Co.: This is the only locally owned trading company in Runners Cove. It is owned by Darius Griffon.
- Waycoast Trading: This is the largest trading company in all of Easterly. They have a branch in every port town. Harris Goldtooth is the manager of the Runners Cove branch.
Other Important Business:
- House of Cerulean Delight: This is the only brothel in town. It is actually made up of three different buildings which cater to differing clientele. The Sapphire House caters to the rich and elite. It is said that the interior of the Sapphire House’s beauty is only matched by the beauty of the ladies. The Indigo House caters to the moderately rich while the House of Blues caters to the common man. It is very popular with the sailors who frequent the town.
- Steel and Soul: This is the armsmith/armorer shop. It is owned by Kit Smith, but he has a couple of apprentices who work for him. He is an accomplished and well respected smith.
- Torig’s General Store: Although there are other stores that sell mundane items in the town, Torig’s is the only store that caters to adventurers as well. This is the store that you can find all the adventuring equipment you need, with the exception of arms and armor. Additionally, Torig will try to buy magic items and resells them to the adventuring public.
Temples: There are three main temples in Runners Cove along with a small temple and a couple of shrines.
- Temple of All: This is a nice temple that is open to all religions. Traveling clerics will often spend time here administering to the followers of the various gods. Kendrick Sheen, a priest of Andura, is the High Priest here and works hard to accommodate all worshippers. He has shrines set up for all good and neutral gods and Chellos.
- Temple of the Crossed Rapiers: This is a very small temple that is dedicated to Besmara. Kae Owens is the person responsible for building this temple and she is the High Priestess.
- Temple of the Tranquil Waters: This is a fairly large temple dedicated to Ferian. It is an active temple and many citizens worship here, although many will also worship at the Temple of the Outer Sea as well. Eileen Harmon is the High Priestess.
- Temple of the Outer Sea: This is a fairly large temple dedicated to Nobnar. It is an active temple and many citizens worship here, although many will also worship at the Temple of the Tranquil Waters as well. Orval Richardson is the High Priest.