Skulls & Bones
Campaign Traits Profession
- Barkeep: You have spent the last year working at the Crow’s Nest Inn in Runners Cove as a bartender. During your tenure, you learned how to pacify the most unruly customers and have listened to countless stories of the local inhabitants. Subsequently, you receive a trait bonus of +1 to Diplomacy and +1 to Knowledge (local). Additionally, you have a 30% chance to notice that some foreign substance is in your drink just by smell and 50% chance if you taste it. You will be unable to identify the foreign substance and this will not work if the substance is odorless and/or has no taste. You are respected by the people of Runners Cove.
- Blood of the Ocean: Your ancestors were all sailors and you have lived your whole life by the sea. You have an incredible love of the sea and will never willingly live inland. You have spent the last year of your life working as a sailor. As a result, you gain a trait bonus of +1 Swim and +1 Profession (sailor). Further, you gain Swim or Profession (Sailor) as a class skill and gain +15 to your Sea Sickness roll. You are respected by the people of Runners Cove.
- Devilfish Diver: You spent the last year diving for poisonous devilfish (a delicacy in the Reaches that is caught by spear only). As a result, you gain a trait bonus of +2 to saving throws v. poison and Swim is a class skill. You receive a +5 bonus to your Sea Sickness roll.
- Fisherman: You have spent the last year working as a fisherman in the town of Runners Cove. You know how to fish and where to find fish as well as knowing how to sail. Consequently, you gain a trait bonus of +1 Profession (sailor), +1 Profession (fisherman), +2 Survival (Aquatic locations only) and +10 to your Sea Sickness roll.
- Marine: For the last year, you have served under the privateer Honora Silverleaf on the brig Interlude as a marine. Although you have not engaged in any combat, you received a lot of training for fighting on a ship at sea. Consequently, you gain a trait bonus of +1 to attack while on a ship and +1 to acrobatics while on a ship. Additionally, you gain +10 to your Sea Sickness roll. You must choose whether you left Captain Honora’s command under good or bad circumstances. If you left under good circumstances, you are respected within Runners Cove. If not, then you are viewed with suspicion in town.
- Oyster Diver: The last year you were an oyster diver in the oyster beds in Blue Bay. You have learned how to swim and hold your breath for the long dives under the sea. You gain a trait bonus of +2 to swim and you can hold your breath for 3 times your constitution. Additionally, you gain a +5 bonus to your Sea Sickness roll.
- Pirate’s Captive: During the last year, you worked as a sailor on the trading ship Golden Wave which was captured by the pirate Avimar Sorrins, captain of the Blood Moon. You were kept as a captive with the purpose of selling you into slavery in the Islands. You were able to wriggle free of your bonds and escape, narrowly avoiding a life of slavery. As a result, you have become extremely paranoid of being captured again, and practice regularly escaping from different types of knots. Thus, you gain a trait bonus of +2 on Escape Artist and Escape Artist is a class skill. Additionally, you gain a +10 bonus to your Sea Sickness roll.
- Sea Caster: You have spent the last year working on the trading ship, Bonny Chance, captained by Captain Railat Devonshire. While there, you gained valuable experience casting spells on a pitching deck. Consequently, you gain +2 to all concentration checks while on a ships deck or in bad weather. Additionally, you gain Swim as a class skill. Further, you gain +10 bonus to your Sea Sickness roll.
- Storm Soul: As a child, you witnessed the Great Hurricane, which destroyed much of Runners Cove. Your house was left intact and it was said that Nobnar protected you and your family. Since that time, you have a special affinity for storms and actually enjoy the sound of thunder and lightening. For the last year, you have worked on the trading vessel Luck of the Draw, Captained by Tessa Fairwind. While there, you were trained as a pilot and displayed excellent piloting skills, especially in bad weather. Consequently, you gain a trait bonus of +1 Profession (Sailor) and when you make a Profession (Sailor) check, you treat weather effects as one category less severe than they actually are. Further, you gain +15 bonus to your Sea Sickness roll.
- Trader: You have worked the last year for Griffon Trading Co. You would speak to all the traders from around Alyssia and learned much about the land. As a result, you gain a trait bonus of +1 to Knowledge (Geography), +1 Knowledge (History), and +2 Diplomacy rolls during commercial transactions (purchasing and selling).
- Vagabond: You have never worked a hard day’s labor in your life. Instead, you have lived a life foraging for food and living off other people’s labor. As a result, you gain a trait bonus of +1 Sleight of Hand, and +1 Knowledge (local). Additionally, you are skilled at locating various underground groups in any new city (such as a thieves’ guilds) and know members of the thieves’ guild and beggar’s guild in Runners Cove. However, you have spent a short time in jail and are viewed by guards and the people of Runners Cove with suspicion.